FAQ: How can I share my Domino dataset with multiple people or groups?

katie.shakmankatie.shakman Administrator, Domino Posts: 190 admin
edited August 2019 in Q&A

Now that we've launched datasets, we often get questions about how you can share datasets with your colleagues.

Each dataset is considered part of the project in which it was created, so to share the dataset with a colleague you can add them as a collaborator on your project. You can add multiple collaborators, and you can also add multiple organizations as collaborators if you want to manage permissions for groups of coworkers.

You can read more in this support article: https://support.dominodatalab.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020125052#manage

Have questions or suggestions? Please comment below or submit a ticket.

Katie

Customer Success Engineer @ Domino

Tagged:

Comments

• shantanu.patil09shantanu.patil09 Unconfirmed Posts: 1

I have uploaded a dataset but I am not able to access it in the same workspace

• zach.ingrahamzach.ingraham Member, Administrator, Moderator, Domino Posts: 42 admin

Hi Shantanu,

Are you having trouble seeing the dataset in a running workspace?

If so, make sure you start a new run after creating the dataset - it won't be available to already-running runs. And make sure you can see the dataset you want to access in your workspace before starting it. Below is a screenshot of the workspace screen with the "Datasets" panel expanded.

If you tried to create a dataset snapshot using a workspace:

And can't see the dataset in that workspace, make sure you are looking in the correct directory, /domino/datasets/<username>/<project-name>:

Also, this page and the related pages should help give you a lot more context on how to work with datasets.

We're excited to see you working with the Datasets feature and happy to answer any follow-up questions you have!

-Zach