Using SAS in Domino - Getting Started and Best Practices
Many large and established companies use SAS as a part of their established research and analytics workflows. Using SAS for Containers you can bring your SAS projects and work into Domino to unify your data science teams and provide the benefits of the Domino platform to SAS users (or folks working in pretty much any language). Read on for best practices in using SAS + Domino.
- Identify any standards or regulations you need to comply with and ensure that you get a SAS For Containers tarball that is appropriate for your purposes.
- Identify any existing SAS work that needs to be brought into the Domino platform and put together a plan for copying these projects over (your Domino team can advise here, please don't hesitate to reach out).
- Create a SAS compute environment and install your SAS tarball into it. Configure the environment with the SAS Studio pluggable workspace (another area where your Domino team can help).
- Have a set of users perform initial tests in the new SAS compute environment with some of their typical workflows. This is a good way to identify additional packages that may be needed or data source connections that may need to be configured, or resources that need to be scaled up (for example, if jobs are running slowly it may help to select a larger hardware tier on the project settings page).
- SAS for Containers Technical Paper: http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/understanding-containers-sas-9-4-container-deployment.pdf
Do you have further questions or suggestions for using SAS on Domino? Please let us know below!
Customer Success Engineer @ Domino