SSL error when calling Domino model API

jiaqi_lingjiaqi_ling Member Posts: 2
edited August 28 in Q&A

Hi all, I was able to to publish the model API on Domino but when I called the model in Python Requests as suggested, it always raises a SSL error with certificate verify failed. And if I turn off the certificate verify, the request works just fine.

Does anyone know an easy solution so that I could call the model in a secured way? (Preferably without adding chain certificates or anything because it would be impossible to ask every end users to do that on their own)

Details attached. Thanks in advance!

Request:

response = requests.post("url",  auth=(…), json={ "data": {…}} , #verify=False)

Error:

SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='myhost', port=myport): Max retries exceeded with url: /models/……/latest/model (Caused by SSLError(SSLError("bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'tls_process_server_certificate', 'certificate verify failed')])")))

Best Answers

Answers

• jiaqi_lingjiaqi_ling Member Posts: 2

Thanks for your reply! Do you know the root cause for this? Is it because the model url I called on doesn't have a valid certificate? is this something Domino could fix?

• pankhuri.vermapankhuri.verma Member, Administrator, Moderator, Domino Posts: 17 admin

Hi, Sorry I missed your reply. The root cause for this issue is due to Python containing outdated certificates. There are 2 ways to resolve this -

1) Disable Certificate Verification ( not ideal but works )

2) Update the SSL certificate using -

pip install --upgrade certifi

Do let me know if this answers your question