Our community is getting a makeover! We will be migrating to a new community that integrates more closely with our support and knowledge base tools, as well as the core Domino product, to give you a more unified experience. Existing community articles have been added to our knowledge base, which you can preview here with your community credentials: https://tickets.dominodatalab.com/hc/en-us/community/topics Watch this space for further updates and send any feedback to [email protected] with subject "Community Feedback".

Render html reports in "shared view"

bwoods
bwoods Member Posts: 2

Data Scientists on our team often generate html reports as the primary output of projects (usually generated from R markdown).

As a Data Scientist I want to be able to share this html report with colleagues and stakeholders. I would like those people to be able to read the report in a clean UI, leave comments, and easily find updated versions of the same report as I modify it. I would like to edit the report in response to comments, but still be able to see and respond to open comment threads from previous versions.

By clicking "copy sharable link" when viewing a file in a Domino project I can share a link to the "sharedView" version of the file. This view provides most of this functionality I need. However, html files are not rendered in this view, making it very awkward to share and read.

In practice, I end up sharing the link to the "raw file" instead. This allows people to read the rendered html, but it does not let them easily see other versions of the report, leave comments, or easily jump back to the relevant project (except through direct manipulation of the url).

Would it be possible to render html files in the sharedView view?

0 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

HTML Rendering is available when enabled via central configuration from the admin area.

Comments

• katie.shakman
    katie.shakman Administrator, Domino Posts: 258 admin

Hi @bwoods ,

Thanks for asking! It is possible to render html files in shared view, but html rendering needs to be enabled via a central configuration setting for your company's Domino instance. I've alerted your account team, but you can also reach out to your internal Domino admins to make this change. If you have any further questions or need further assistance setting this up, please reach out to Domino support ([email protected]).

Best,

Katie

Katie

Field Data Scientist @ Domino

• bwoods
    bwoods Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the quick response. I am the one who would be making that config change as soon as I can identify the particular config required. Is there any documentation that could have helped me find this earlier?

• katie.shakman
    katie.shakman Administrator, Domino Posts: 258 admin

Hi @bwoods,

It looks like this config option isn't documented in our the main central config doc for admins: https://admin.dominodatalab.com/en/4.2/configuration/Central_configuration.html

I'll make a note to update our docs.

For now, here's the config you want:

namespace key value

common com.cerebro.domino.frontend.allowHtmlFilesToRendertrue

("name" can be left blank)

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best,

Katie

Katie

Field Data Scientist @ Domino